Managing the Organization
This course will prepare you to manage and lead your organization through improved communication, motivation, relationship and team building, project management, problem solving, and decision-making skills. Managers who take this course will be able to further develop their group leadership and management techniques and abilities, and analyze and improve their relationship with staff, colleagues, and owners.
Upon successful completion of this course, learners will be able to:
- Understand and demonstrate what motivates staff and how to use techniques to influence staff behavior.
- Demonstrate the importance of communication and marketing and provide tools and techniques for the manager to accomplish.
- Provide a framework for organizing the various functions associated with facilities management and the rationale for organization configurations.
- Demonstrate the importance of problem solving and provide problem-solving tools necessary for manager to guide staff in problem-solving activities.
- Apply your learned skills and abilities to a sustainability-driven building upgrade case study.
- Managerial skills and tools
- Leadership styles and relationships
- Types of organizations
- Team building, leadership, and motivation
- Planning, controlling, and decision making
- Problem-solving techniques
- Project and change management
- The Foundations of Management
- Establishing and Maintaining Professional Relationships
- Organizational Culture
- Keys to Managerial Communication
- Effective Group and Team Leadership
- Motivating Employees
- Planning, Controlling, and Decision Making
- Problem Solving
- Managing Change
- Course Summary and Case Study Wrap-Up
This course is available through the following delivery options:
- Online Self-Paced
- Collaborative Virtual Learning
This course does not apply to any BOMI certificates.
This course applies to the following BOMI designations:
- RPA® – Real Property Administrator
- FMA® – Facility Management Administrator
- SMA® – System Maintenance Administrator